Saturday, 28 March 2009

Where was I this past few weeks...?


My eyes heavy.. I don't remember how many times I have yawned throughout the day... I just had my presentation and I don't remember how it went... everything just went by so fast! Now I am part of the audience, listening to presentations... My mind just went blank during the presentation. It is as if my whole body went 'autopilot' and my mouth just said what I rehearsed what seems like more than a dozen times before THE day.. Just before it was my turn to speak, I just smiled with an empty head.. I really thought i have forgotten everything, but in the end Alhamdulillah everything went on well...

We got some nice comments and that lifted our spirits... In my heart I really wish our team will get high marks from this and I was really glad it was over.. And we went up the stairs from the stage, and everyone congratulated us for the good performance... I was happy Alhamdulillah.. the one month work was appreciated.The psychological and emotional disturbance for the whole 5 weeks doing the project seemed to have been lifted off our shoulders...

All the fighting between team members and disappointments, are now happy memories which I will cherish forever.. It is like having a cup of hot coffee which cooled down with time and is nice enough to drink... Like a handkerchief encounter, wiping the sweat away when you are tired...also the tears away when you cry... That is a team... In the end it is all about understanding and being there for one another... I have learnt a lot from them and from the other teams. Both about the general behaviour of humans and also about geology.. :) Alhamdulillah...

"It was made obligatory upon you, to fight in the path of God and though it is disliked by you, and it may happen that any thing may be disliked by you and that may be in your favour, and it may happen that anything may be liked by you and that may not be in your favour, and Allah knows and you do not know." (Al-Baqarah, 216)

Me, Saya, Ana: Alhamdulillah..!!! Next up is UTAH, TEXAS!

No comments: